Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Don't cry over spilled milk

So, after my night of no sleep on Sunday, I tried to get a good night's sleep last night. I slept pretty well, and woke up ready to start the day anew. My morning routine works pretty much like clockwork, with just enough time to get to work and punch in at 6:00 am (yes, that's right, I said 6:00 am). As I'm making my breakfast, which consists of a bowl of cereal and juice, I had a slight accident. I was shaking the orange juice container and getting ready to pour when the container slipped out of my hands, landed into my cereal bowl (already filled with milk), which then knocked everything off of the counter and onto the floor. Of course, the bowl of juicy cereal had to make a pit stop and land on my clothes - covering me in a nice delectable raisin bran/milk/orange juice concoction of stickiness. Yum!

On any other day, this would just be a really bad start to the day. But this morning, I looked at it differently. I realized that having a child will mean more messes....more spills....more of everything that I tend to get crazy about. So, the moral of the story is that life is too short to cry over spilled milk. I wish I had a baby spilling milk on me.

~A

6 comments:

Natalie said...

LOL

Stephanie said...

Love it!!!

Vanessa said...

Our Anthony is all grown up :) Love it!

Drea said...

I know exactly how you feel! Good luck to you both! And cross your fingers for me as well because I have a prospective situation at hand!

Kim said...

Love this!!! Reading that last part brought tears to my eyes... I'm so excited for ya'll ! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Anothony, you will have to let go of the neurosis, but its sounds like you are identifiying them and that is a step in the right direction.

Help Us Reach Our Dream

Those who know us understand how hard we have worked to achieve our educational and financial goals. Unfortunately, the staggering costs of this adventure are becoming more apparent and overwhelming the further we explore our options. If your heart is so inclined, please give what you can to help us achieve our dream by clicking the DONATE button below. Thank you so much for your support.

PayPal Link