Saturday, October 22, 2011

And so it begins...

Good morning everyone. Sorry we've been a little quiet this past week on the blog. We had family staying with us from out-of-town, and between work and everyday life demands, I just haven't had time to write a post.
As I sit here and decide what I want to write about, the title of this post seems most appropriate - although I really can't define what "it" means. What exactly is beginning? Yesterday, we submitted our application to begin the home study process. This is the 2 - 4 month process of having a social worker ensure our home is a stable environment for a child, taking some educational classes to prepare us for adoption, and getting "approval" to adopt. Submitting the application was the easy part. Next we get a case worker assigned to us, and then the real fun begins with a large packet of paperwork.

So, I guess it is official - we are trying to adopt. It felt weird in a way as we drove down to the agency to speak with them one last time before signing my life away....Just Kidding!! It was exciting and awesome. There we were getting ready to take an action that would profoundly affect the rest of our lives. When you start thinking about it like that, this is what life is all about. The everyday choices you make steer the course and direction that life will take you. This decision to start the adoption process may one day lead to my sitting on the front porch with my own grandchildren. Is it really possible? I can't say definitely, but this decision puts us one step closer to that reality.

And so it begins...

~Anthony

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Grandchildren just sounds scary... stop making us older! LOL

Brekke said...

I love you guys and I am so proud of you! You can do this!

Amy B. said...

What a wonderful idea!! I look forward to sharing this process with your through your blog. I wish you and Jason the best of luck! You both are going to make wonderful, loving parents!

Anonymous said...

iam going be a AUNT ROSA FOUR THE FRIST TIME

Help Us Reach Our Dream

Those who know us understand how hard we have worked to achieve our educational and financial goals. Unfortunately, the staggering costs of this adventure are becoming more apparent and overwhelming the further we explore our options. If your heart is so inclined, please give what you can to help us achieve our dream by clicking the DONATE button below. Thank you so much for your support.

PayPal Link