Saturday, October 1, 2011

Through the eyes of a child

Good morning & happy Saturday. It's another wet morning here in Richmond, VA, and I swear it's been raining for 2 weeks straight. Today is the first day of October, and you can feel fall is just around the corner. I love this time of year - cool and crisp mornings followed by perfect afternoon temperatures with no humidity. I can remember being a kid and getting excited about picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, and jumping in piles of leaves at my friend's house down the street. Oh to be a kid again. 

I think what I miss most about being a child, though, is the innocence, happiness, and lack of fear that every child is born with.

I cannot wait to see the world through my child's eyes: the look on their face when they believe the world is a wonderful place where no one is out to do harm; the look on their face when something so simple brings out a wonderful smile; the look on their face when they believe they are invincible and can conquer the world.

Of course, these qualities tend to disappear as we age. I'm not exactly sure when it happens, but for most of us it does. The sad thing is that the world would be a much better place if we all tried to look at it through the eyes of a child: a world where everyone tries to help one another; a world where sorrow and despair have no home; a world where prejudice, bullying, and hate have no existence.

So, on this first unofficial day of fall, I ask that you take a few minutes and try to see life through the eyes of a child. It just might bring a smile to your face and bring back the hope that is so desperately needed today. I'm ready....are you?

~A

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Matthew 18:3 NIV
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Anonymous said...

....

Help Us Reach Our Dream

Those who know us understand how hard we have worked to achieve our educational and financial goals. Unfortunately, the staggering costs of this adventure are becoming more apparent and overwhelming the further we explore our options. If your heart is so inclined, please give what you can to help us achieve our dream by clicking the DONATE button below. Thank you so much for your support.

PayPal Link