Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm coming home...

Hey there, blogging world. Surprise, I'm already posting another entry. This one will be really quick, but I wanted to update everyone on some good news. Things in life are falling into place for me and I just don't know any other way to describe it.

I've been working for the Federal Government for 8 years now, the last 4 of which I have been on the road traveling back and forth to D.C. on a weekly basis. I usually stay 3 nights per week, and then come home on Thursdays. I usually do this about 30 - 33 weeks per year.

Since Jason and I are trying to start a family, I was concerned that Jason would essentially be a single parent while I was out on the road. I knew that would not only be hard on him, but also on me being away from my child. Good news, though: Effective January 1st, I will be starting a new job (still with the Federal Government, but with a different agency) that will not require me to have to travel like I have been.

This is such great news, especially since I can now be home when our baby arrives and I won't have to leave my family for such extended periods of time. How great is that!

Things in life are falling into place, almost as if it were meant to be that I got this job so I could be here for my family. I truly believe that Jason and I are on the right path to becoming dads; it's just a matter of time.

Anthony~


1 comment:

Bree McCollum said...

You have made me cry I'm so happy for you. This is so great. God really does answer prayers. I pray for you guys all the time when I think about how bad you want to be parents. Nothing like seeing that first step or hearing that first word. I love you both so much!!!!! Ttyl this is bree by the way!!

Help Us Reach Our Dream

Those who know us understand how hard we have worked to achieve our educational and financial goals. Unfortunately, the staggering costs of this adventure are becoming more apparent and overwhelming the further we explore our options. If your heart is so inclined, please give what you can to help us achieve our dream by clicking the DONATE button below. Thank you so much for your support.

PayPal Link